INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ACCESS ZOOM
- If you are on an ipad or android tablet, download Zoom Cloud Meetings from the app store or Google Play. If you are using a windows tablet or a laptop, go to the website: https://zoom.us/ and sign up for the free version.
- You will be asked if you want to allow microphone, video and notifications. You need to tick yes to all of these options so that we can hear each other, see each other and receive notifications about when the meeting will start
- For CIT CEN meetings, you will receive an email inviting you to the session. Click on the link in the message to join the appointment. If you are a bit early, you will wait in a virtual waiting room. The host will know you are there and will join the join the appointment as soon as they are ready.
- Once everyone is in the session, you will see video of those attending. In the top menu bar, there are options for how you’d like this set up (e.g. gallery view, speaker view etc.).
- There is a menu bar at the bottom of the screen (or top right of screen if using an iPad) where there are several options:
- Share screen: the host may give you permission to share your screen (e.g. to show your brainstorm proforma)
- Chat: If you click on chat, a menu bar will appear on the right of your screen and you can type messages to everyone or a particular individual
- At the end of the meeting, click the red End Meeting at the bottom right of the menu bar
Links to zoom ‘How to’ videos
For laptops/desktops: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-Windows-and-Mac
Bear in mind if you use zoom on a phone, you won’t be able to see the screen & chat simultaneously. You’ll also only see 4 attendees at any one time on a phone. Using a tablet, laptop, desktop is preferable because it’s an easier experience but if phone is your only option, you’ll still get good access.
Once in zoom:
- Go to gallery view (menu in top right corner) so you can see all the attendees
- Open the chat window (choose ‘chat’ on the bottom/top right menu & the chat menu will pop up on the right hand side of the screen). Use this to text/talk to other attendees. You can send your message to everyone or you can click who in the list you’d like to send a message to
- Open the participants window (click on participants in the bottom/top right menu)
- If you’d like to make a comment or ask a question, go to your participants/chat window and click on the ‘raise hand’. The host will then know who has a question and will put it to the speaker
- If on an android phone, if you want the option to raise hand/chat etc you’ll need to touch the screen & then touch ‘more’ for the menus to appear